Ponderings of a Journey

Wednesday, June 21, 2006


Okay so I have this picture in my office, actually I have two pictures in my office. One picture is of a lion cub and her mother and the other picture is of a baby elephant and her mother. I have intentionally used the word HER here because to me both these pictures are symbolic of my relationship with God. For now I will focus on the picture of the lion cub and her mother. No the picture to the right is not the exact picture that U have in my office, but I wanted to give you something to sort of picture. Close your eyes and try to picture this. A baby lion cub is all nestled into her mother and sleeping, tired from a day of adventure and journey. The mother lion is lying on the ground but not sleeping instead her head is held high and her eyes are open. She is on the look out to make sure that her little baby cub is protected and safe. She wants her little one to rest safe in her embrace.

For me that description is such a picture of God wow. God my Heavenly Father is holding me letting me rest, even calling me to a time of rest, and knowing that when I am rest I cannot be on guard He is on guard, protecting me and keeping a watchful eye out, so that there are no surprise attacks. God isn't just keeping a watchful eye from a distance. No He is right there holding me, sheltering me, protecting me, and ready to pick me up and carry me if need be. What an awesome picture and reminder of our ABBA's infinite and extravagant love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home