Ponderings of a Journey

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

First Love

Originally I was thinking a lot about God being my first love, but then the word intentionallity came to mind over and over again. Maybe it has to do with being in the middle of a wonderful relationship.

Intentionality - wow that word keeps popping up all over the place. We talk about being intentional in our relationships. To develop good close friends that we can connect with on a heart level takes time and effort. We call the friends we are close to, and check in with them to see how they are doing, or if they need something. We make time for our friends. We make time for our relationships with our boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses. How often are we lookingat our weeks schedules trying to find an hour here or and hour there to spend with those that we love. Yet when it comes to our relationship with God we often let Him slip through the cracks. God gets the left over bread crumbs. I am probably the worst at this. I like leading a busy life, but often I am so busy that God gets the last few minutes as I am falling asleep and maybe the occasional grumble that I don't want to get out of bed in the morning. Yeah I have prep time for different ministries, but those times should not become my personal quiet times with God. God is always here waiting for me, wanting to communicate, to be close, and God is more than willing to put the work into building a long last relationship with me. So what am I will to do about it? That is the question I am thinking about lots these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home